ANTIQUE AUSTRALIAN c1880’s SPINEL DOUBLET & DIAMOND RING ON 15ct YELLOW GOLD
This extremely rare and beautiful Australian Ring, by William Drummond & Co, is a superb example of Victorian engineering, featuring three bright green Spinel and Quartz doublets, such a rare treat to see, as doublets are usually just infused with paste, the quartz coupling adds so much sparkle to the already bright Spinels! The main Spinel is flanked by four early Rose-Cut Diamonds, housed across the top and rising to upswept shoulders to a flat band.
Beautifully handcrafted c1880’s in 15ct Yellow Gold and featuring rare markings for: WD, 15ct and ‘DOUBLET’ making this ring a truly rare, interesting and beautiful slice of Victoriana! In remarkably good condition, ultimately a unique and wearable piece of history.
*William Drummond & Co – Melbourne (est. 1857)
Stones: 3 x graduated Spinel/Quartz Doublets, 4 x Rose-Cut Diamonds
Size: M/N (6.55 US) Diameter = 17.25mm Circumference = 54mm
This ring is able to be resized
Metal: 15ct Yellow Gold
Hallmarks: WD, 15ct, DOUBLET *very rare and interesting markings
Weight: 3.7 grams
Condition: In excellent Antique Condition the Spinel and Diamonds are unabraded and securely set, the band is original width throughout
- We offer resizing on all rings that are eligible (we will stipulate whether a ring can be altered or not).
- Resizing is FREE on any rings over $1000 plus cost of material for sizing up.
- Resizing is $50 on any ring under $1000 plus cost of material for sizing up.
- Additional cost for sizing more than 5 sizes and white gold.
- Resizing takes 7-10 business days.
- Contact us on email@example.com to arrange and confirm sizing and additional cost.